How to install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers
This steps will teach you how to install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on any PC running Windows XP and up. However, for Windows 8 and newer, you need to disable Driver Signature Verification. There are plenty of guides online showing you how to disable digital Driver Signature Verification so you can search them on google before you proceed to install this driver package.
NOTE: At this point, you should have already disabled digital Driver Signature Verification if you are running Windows 8 or anything newer but for any operating system bellow, you don’t need to bother just skip the step.
1. Now Download the driver bellow and Extract the MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers
2.You need to access Device Manager. Do so by right-clicking on My Computer and clicking on “Manage”. In the new window that pops up, select “Device Manager” from the menu shown on the left.
3. Click any of the device groups (any of the items on the list) you see there, then from Action menu at the top, select Add legacy hardware
4. New wizard will pop up. Just click on Next.
5. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) shown in the screenshot below and click Next
6. You will be shown a long list in the following screen. Just select Show All Devices and click Next.
7. Click on Have Disk in the following window and select any .inf file you extracted we download earlier located (USB Vcom driver > your Operating system) .
9. Click Open and OK. You will see the drivers listed
10. Select your driver there (select Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port) then Click Next
11. Click Next
12. Click Finish. Ignore any error. You’re getting it because you have installed an unsigned driver
13. Restart your PC and connect your Mediatek MT65xx device.
[*] That’s all to it! After you install correct MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers for your Mediatek device, you can use different tools to flash different files and also stop worrying about failed data transfers.
[*] Any Issue: Encase you encounter any issue regarding the Firmware flashing or brick device, We will be happy to help by using the comment box bellow.